Aquatic Assistants & Supervisors
Great Aquatic Assistants are...
PERSONABLE AND COMMUNICATIVE
COMFORTABLE DIRECTING LARGE GROUPS
ORGANIZED AND PREPARED
KNOWLEDGEABLE IN SWIM DEVELOPMENT AND SKILLS
CRITICAL THINKERS AND PROBLEM-SOLVERS
CAPABLE OF TAKING ACTION IN AN EMERGENCY
Supervising staff may take on program-specific roles as:
- Head Coaches
- Group/Private Swim Lesson Coordinators
- Staff/position-specific managers
- Head Lifeguards
Specified roles may have differentiated pay and additional responsibilities
Supervising at the Aquatic Center
Aquatic Assistants / Supervisors direct the facility & staff for day-to-day operations. Supervisors serve as the authority within the facility and operate under the direction of the Facility Director and Program Coordinator.
They are responsible for overseeing facility operations, ensuring quality and safety in all regards, and upholding our mission of Changing Lives Through Aquatics.
- Aquatic Assistants / Supervisors must be at least 18 years of age prior to their hire date
- Training is completed in-house at the Aquatic Center upon hire
- We require all supervising staff to be Red Cross Lifeguard certified
Not Lifeguard certified yet? We do all of our training in-house! Check out our upcoming courses on our Lifeguard page!